Alwaght- Yemeni women have held mass rally in capital Sanaa, to protest against deadly Saudi-led airstrikes, the latest of which hit a hospital at the port city of Hudaydah.
The demonstrators marched in Sanaa's main roads on Saturday while carrying placards and Yemeni national flags.
They also chanted slogans in condemnation of the Saudi aggression, which has claimed the lives of thousands of Yemenis over the past three years.
Some of the protesters held up rifles to underline the need for resistance against the aggressors.
Saudi Arabia and its allies launched a brutal war, code-named Operation Decisive Storm, against Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to reinstall former Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh, and crush the popular Houthi Ansarullah movement.
The offensive initially consisted of a bombing campaign, but was later coupled with a naval blockade and the deployment of ground forces into Yemen.
The imposed war, however, has so far failed to achieve its goals, thanks to stiff resistance from Yemeni troops and allied Houthi fighters.
Several Western countries have been supplying Saudi Arabia with advanced weapons and military equipment.
Yemen is now suffering from the worst humanitarian crisis in the world due to the Saudi aggression and siege.
Fatal Hudaydah attack
In its latest war crime in Yemen, Saudi warplanes struck a hospital and a fishing harbor in Hudaydah on Thursday.
A source at Hudaydah's health office told the Middle East Eye news portal that the air raids had killed 60 people and wounded more than 100 others.
The source also noted that medics were struggling to respond to patients' needs in Hudaydah.
"The hospitals suffer from lack of medicines, equipment and doctors because of the war," he said. "I appeal to international organizations to support the health system in Hudaydah, to help people when the Saudis target them, as this is not the first time that airstrikes target people."
Backed by Saudi-led airstrikes, Emirati forces and pro-Hadi militants launched the Hudaydah offensive on June 13 despite international warnings that it would compound the impoverished nation’s humanitarian crisis.
Saudi Arabia claims that the Houthis are using Hudaydah for weapons delivery, an allegation rejected by the fighters.
'Yemen's western coast will be aggressors' graveyard'
Separately on Saturday, Houthi spokesman Mohammed Abdulsalam, told Iran's Tasnim news agency that Yemeni fighters were conducting a military operation against the aggressors in the country's western coast using tactics that would eventually force the invaders out of the region.
So far, he said, Yemeni forces have managed to take a total of 60 mercenaries captive.
Abdulsalam further stressed that the operation around Durayhimi would continue and that the neighborhood in Hudaydah as well as other towns on Yemen's western coast would be turned into the aggressors' graveyard.