Alwaght- At least twenty people were killed after a Saudi fighter jet struck a car in southwestern Yemen on Friday.
The attack hit a vehicle transporting 20 passengers south of Taiz province, locals told Reuters. Six bodies had been identified but the rest were charred beyond recognition, they added.
Saudi Arabia leading an arab coalition has launched a brutal aggression against neighboring Yemen since March 2015 in a bid to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the Saudi-led war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million people are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. A high-ranking UN aid official recently warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there was a growing risk of famine and cholera there.
However, the allied forces of the Yemeni army and popular committees established by Ansarullah revolutionaries have been heroically confronting the aggression with all means, inflicting huge losses upon Saudi-led forces and the kingdom's strategic infrastructure including airports and oil production facilities.