Alwaght- Anti-US President Donald Trump campaigners have warned that more than a million demonstrators could take to the streets if the President’s proposed visit to the UK goes ahead early next year.
Following a furious backlash against Donald Trump after he retweeted anti-Muslim videos shared by far-right group Britain first, organizers of the Stop Trump group claim to have seen an avalanche of pledges to protest in the event any such visit.
A few days ago, US President Donald Trump re-tweeted three anti-Muslim videos posted by a British far-right political organization.
The footage was posted by Jayda Fransen, deputy leader of the far-right group Britain First, who has been convicted of religiously aggravated harassment.
Earlier this month, Fransen was found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment after she verbally abused a Muslim woman wearing a hijab.
Speaking at a protest outside the US Embassy in London on Friday evening, Naima Omar, a student organizer at Stand Up To Racism, said a response similar to the protests against the Iraq war would unfold if Trump came to the UK.
"I think people would be absolutely furious that such a man could come to our country," she said.
Anti-Trump campaigners took to social media to call for a demonstration in the streets of the capital after British Prime Minister Theresa May revealed the US President had accepted an invitation from the Queen.
Many reacted with fury at the announcement, which was made during a joint press conference in the White House on Friday.
Stop the War, People’s Assembly and Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND), says “The invitation to Donald Trump for a state visit will be opposed by millions in Britain. Our government should not be seen to be endorsing the sorts of ideas and policies he is putting forward.”